NGCA be doing a dirt training camp that will be open to all members. This is a great opportunity for both the “dirt curious” and the old pro who’s looking for some great training.
Dates: September 7th & 8th (Feel free to attend either or both days)
Location: Jake Mtn Trailhead, Nimblewill, GA
Google Map Location: https://goo.gl/maps/BKnrquKaz47suDAm7
Equipment: any bike with knobby tires including mountain bikes, cross bikes or gravel bikes.
Accommodations: Members are welcome to camp in the Jake Mtn free camping area or the adjacent national forest land in RVs/tents, rent a cabin locally, drive back and forth to their house. The only onsite facility is a port-a-john in the parking lot so this will be roughing it!
- 8a-12p 25-40mi gravel ride (there are a couple of tough climbs)
- 12p-2p Lunch/socialize. Lunch provided by club.
- 2p-5p CX clinic (barriers, mount/dismount, etc.), skills practice
- 5p-9p story time, dinner (camper provided), hand-up practice (adults only)
- Lights out – we gotta train tomorrow!
- 8a-2p Have a couple of groups for longer rides. Gravel/singletrack/mixed options (great morning to preview the Fools Gold trails)
- 2p Break camp/depart
In order to have adequate food supplies and ensure we have enough help for the skills clinic, grilling, etc. please sign up http://evite.me/3urCzkPwXK by September 5th. We look forward to seeing you guys in the dirt!