NGCA Membership 2024
We’re opening up registration a bit early this year so we can get a jump on the kit ordering. As usual, the big issue driving the schedule is the kit process. We’ve decided to move up our normal timeline so that we can get the kit ordering completed earlier and get our 2024 kits earlier. We’re trying to address the frustration members have had in getting thier kits timely. The timeline looks something like this:
Open 2024 Club Registration – now
And there is a financial advantage to register early. During this early registration period, there is a $20 discount off. Good until September 30.
Link to registration page: https://www.bikereg.com/ngca-club-membership
Use discount code: **Check email*** on the payment page for an early registation discount of $20 off the regular $125 membership fee.
The Good Ambassador
So, as you pull the new NGCA jersey over your head, realize that you are now representing something more than just yourself. You are also representing our club, our leadership and our sponsors. You are looked upon to show leadership and set a good example before, during and after the ride. We need you to be the good ambassador and a leader. As such, here are some expectations of you as an NGCA member:
- Set a good example and lead by example. Do the right thing even when it’s hard.
- Follow the guidance of and support the ride leaders.
- Help the ride be better and look out for others…especially your team mates.
- Show respect and understanding for the plight of the unhappy….that is people stuck in their cars.
- If our rides are causing a traffic blockage, move out of the way until the jam clears.
- Never antagonize a motorist. No matter what they have done, focus on de-escalating the situation. Cursing and screaming at them does the opposite.
- Don’t swarm cars at stop signs and lights. Wait your turn.
- Obey traffic signals…behave responsibly on the road.
- When you have the chance, chat positively and encouragingly with motorists at our store stops. It’s harder to be angry with someone when they see we are human too.
- Take the road that you need and no more. While we are allowed by law to ride two abreast, consider the riding etiquette that is the safest and least disruptive for everyone.
- Now here is the hard part…if you observe poor behavior in other riders, say something…. it’s up to us to make things better.
North Georgia Cycling Association Member Benefits
- Free customer club team jersey
- Two Pre-paid Organized Club Century Rides
- Pre-Arranged Club Pricing for Local Centuries
- Member Kick Off Meeting
- End of Year Social & Awards Banquet
- Tour de France Viewing Parties
- Georgia Rides to the Capitol
- Club Sponsored Cycling Skill Clinics
- Private Club Discount Night at our bike shop
- Club discounts at certain sponsor stores
- Private Store for Custom Club Kits