|NGCA Members |
Two big rides this weekend. Plus a new ride event added. See details below.
1. Up the Creek; Saturday, April 27; 8 AM, Rome, GA The Up the Creek Ride has one of most fun and scenic century routes in the state; perfect for a group ride with flat to gently rolling hills with few extended climbs. It’s fairly easy to stay together on this route. The real fun begins with the trip through the “pocket”….a section that runs through the John’s Mountain Wildlife Area with the winding byway along Armuchee Creek. It really is a great ride that starts and finished in downtown Rome. Parking in the covered garage and an easy walk to restaurants after the ride. Signup at: https://upthecreekwithoutapedal.itsyourrace.com/
2. Georgia Gran Fondo; Sunday, April 28 Helen, GA. We’ve secured a 30% discount off the standard price.There are four different route options. Some key points about the event:It’s a premier national Gran Fondo event with all the Fondo experiencesGreat ride support and post ride partyTimed segments but not timed overallSupports Team Type 1 Cycling team (pro team out of GA) More details on the event can be found at: https://www.granfondonationalseries.com/gran-fondo-georgia In addition, if you register for this event, you become entitled to apply your full GFNS entry fee toward a 2019 Haute Route entry! If you ride any GFNS event in 2018, you are entitled to credit the entire entry fee paid toward any 2019 Haute Route three-day or seven-day event. Already signed up for the Haute Route? Then take advantage of a free entry into one 2019 GFNS event of your choice to prepare for the Haute Route. Learn more about all Haute Route events at www.hauteroute.org
3. Chis’ Last Ride Ever – Skeenah Gap Loop; Saturday, May 4: 9:00 AM from the Rock Pile in Dahlonega. Okay, maybe it’s not Chris Saxxon’s last ride ever but with twins on the way, well, life on the bike may not be the first priority. We’ll be riding the Skeenah Gap Loop, regrouping at the tops of each climb. It’s 68 miles with about 6,500 very scenic feet of climbing. Lunch afterwards. Reply here to let us know you plan to ride.
4. Rescue 1 Century on May 11; Social Circle. If we can get at least 10 riders, our cost will be $30 per rider.
5. Jackson County Brevet on Saturday, June 8, 7:30 AM Jefferson, GAThis is our 1st club paid century. Go ahead and register now if you are planning on taking advantage of the club paying for your ride. Just one of the many benefits of the NGCA Club. https://www.jacksonbrevet.com/register/